One of the most beautiful small towns in Italy is always well worth the trip. Magnificent old merchants’ homes, picturesque shopping streets, medieval squares, plus mountain scenery that appears close enough to touch. The locals are especially proud of their town hall, with its gothic assembly room – clear testimony to the wealth of this town in the 15th century, when mining in the region was in its heyday.
Zwölferturm Tower, town hall, Multscher Museum, parish church ...
For guided tours, visit: www.sterzing.com
Sterzing also boasts an in- and outdoor pool with various saunas, known as the “Balneum”.
Further Information: www.balneum.sterzing.eu
Other Tips in the Area:
- Hunting & Fishing Museum at Schloss Wolfsthurn (ca. 15 km)
- Mining World, Ridnaun/Schneeberg (ca. 25 km)
- Reifenstein Castle (ca. 10 km)
- Gilfenklamm Gorge (ca. 12 km)
- Farmers’ market, Fridays from May to October
- Sterzing Yogurt Days, from July to August
- Dumpling Festival in September
- Christmas Market in December
And just 9 km from us, the gorgeous historic centre of Vipiteno offers many shopping opportunities (Sunday closed).
The closest food store is the “Dorfladele“ (village stores) in Wiesen/Prati, 7 km from our farm house. Opening times are: daily, 7:00am - 6:30pm (closed on sundays and bank holiday).
OUR PARTNER BUSINESSES:
WEATHER IN SOUTH TYROL: